Here at Bobby Berk, we make a commitment to deliver quality content that will resonate with you, ignite your creativity and ultimately lead to your happiness. The past few weeks, and even days, have escalated like no other, and we’ve been faced with the uncertainty of our society. Our hearts go out to those impacted and the heroic work from our healthcare professionals around the world.
The safety of our team and our readers is our first priority. All members of the Bobby Berk team have been instructed to work from home. We have canceled all events, panels, meet and greets, etc. We are still plugged in, continuing to work on projects, developing content and working together on conference calls, and most importantly, encouraging one another during a very isolated time. We hope you all do the same, where you can. Our plans this week for our content both on social and on bobbyberk.com have changed. Still giving you moments of creativity to keep you inspired, we are also going to deliver content to fulfill your needs during such an unprecedented time: podcast and book recommendations, online resources for parents that are home with kids, ways to work from home, and more.
We are amazed by the care and connection that occurs in communities around the world during this time, and encourage you to please be safe and responsible. Here are a few practical ways you can ensure the wellbeing of not only yourself but your community as a whole.
LIMIT ANY NON-ESSENTIAL TRAVEL
- There are a number of travel restrictions already in place, so avoiding travel is in the best interest of everyone.
Practice Social Distancing
- Practice social distancing and stay away from large group situations like bars, concerts, gyms and movie theaters. This article helps break down how social distancing can help prevent the spread of the virus.
Support Local Businesses
- Support local restaurants by ordering delivery or takeout. (Many restaurants and delivery services are even offering “contact-free” delivery.)
- If you’re looking for additional information on how to protect yourself and your loved ones, signs to look for, or any general information, we encourage you to check out these resources: Centers for Disease Control, World Health Organization and Coronavirus Checker to help you determine your risk.
Connect with those around you
- If you are working from home or still working in the office, we want this site to be a place of respite from everything that is going on. We encourage you to connect below in the comments. Leave your suggestions, your links to articles that you have found helpful, podcasts or playlists you are listening to or anything else. We are at our strongest when we are together.
CoNSIDER HOW YOU TALK ABOUT IT
- The way that we talk about what is happening can have a huge impact on the way that people react. Consider using the below
- CONCERNED instead of PANICKED
- STAYING HOME instead of QUARANTINED
- UNCERTAIN TIMES instead of TOTAL CHAOS
- WORRIED instead of FREAKED OUT
- ECONOMIC PAUSE instead of COLLAPSE
I send you so much love and hope that through this difficult time this site and our content can be a place of refuge and distraction from everything that is going on. We will see you here tomorrow.