Finding art you like can be a lot like trying to decide on a TV show to watch-there’s a million different options out there, and sometimes it’s a challenge just deciding on something. (TBH though, we’re usually watching Queer Eye.)
From photography to painting, prints to posters, or drawings to 3D art, there’s endless options to chose from. (And just as many sources to shop from.) So where do you start?
If you’re struggling to figure out where to even begin, try narrowing down what colors and types of art you’re drawn to. Do you gravitate towards neutral or bold colors? Do you tend to like landscapes more than modern art? Once you figure this out, you’ll have an idea of what to focus on and start to look for.
And while some art can be truly cost a fortune, we’ve found plenty of options that are easy on the eyes and the wallet. Whether you’re a fan of photography or an abstract enthusiast, we’ve found budget pieces that will work for you.
Keep scrolling to see 84 options for abstract art (colorful and B&W), photography, natural art, posters, 3D and fiber art, as well as options that can be printed right from home. We’ve included a mix of sizes, along with both framed and unframed pieces. And best of all everything is under $200, so it’s easier than ever to get your art collection started.
Want even more inspiration? Check out our posts on Sculptural Modern Living Rooms and Lighting Upgrades: 36 Ways to Brighten Up a Rental.
ABSTRACT ART- COLORFUL
Bright abstract art might not be for everyone, but it can make a huge impact on a space and create a ton of visual interest. We’ve compiled options in various sizes, including large pieces (#6) and smaller sizes (#3) if you’re just looking for something more subtle.
Abstract pieces with a larger scale will feel less “busy” in a space, regardless or what size the art is.
1. Abstract Print | 2. Drip Art Print | 3. Life Or Something Like It Framed Art Print | 4. ‘Adaptation’ Painting Print Framed | 5. Hard & Soft Framed Art Print | 6. Framed Printed Canvas | 7. Millennium Canvas Wall Art | 8. Domes Canvas Painting | 9. ‘Optical Balance II’ Print | 10. Abstract Seascape Framed Canvas | 11. Linked Art Print | 12. Blue Painting Framed Print
ABSTRACT ART- BLACK & WHITE
Black and White abstract art is truly the most versatile – it can work with almost all spaces and styles. Whether it’s a large canvas (#4) or a smaller graphic piece (#10), it can add a unique element to a space. These 12 options can also pair well with one another and other more colorful pieces of art.
For a gallery wall, use 2 or 3 larger B&W pieces of art as the anchors. You can then add in more colorful work around it, and the wall wont be too visually overwhelming.
1. ‘Four Shapes’ Framed Print | 2. ‘Be in the Now’ Transfer Print | 3. Abstract Plant 2 Metal Print | 4. ‘Tour de Force II’ Print | 5. ‘mpgmb Reverse 02’ Art Print | 6. Black Ink Framed Print | 7. Minimal Abstract Print | 8. ‘Warm Gold I’ Framed Print | 9. ‘The Genuis of Pain #5’ Art Print | 10. Abstract Line Art 2 Print | 11. Birds Wall Art Framed | 12. ‘Last Tuesday’ Framed Print
Photography is a great way to bring a specific piece of the world to your space, whether it be something personal or an object or place. Subjects are as wide ranging as the world itself, but for our roundup, we focused primarily on nature and architecture. There are large scale pieces (#4) that will be major focal points and a number of prints that come in a number of sizes.
Steer clear of extremely obvious and widely photographed subjects (think the Eiffel Tower or Grand Canyon) to give your home a more unique point of view.
1. ‘Deep Blue Sea’ Photograph Print | 2. ‘Brick And Mortar’ Photograph Print | 3. Mustard Yellow Flowers Art Print | 4. ‘Long’s Peak in Rocky Mountain National Park’ by Ansel Adams Framed Photograph Print | 5. ‘Side Effects” Photograph Print | 6. Penetration Art Print | 7. ‘Eclipse 19’ Photograph | 8. Joshua Tree Framed Print | 9. ‘Glowing Botanical 1’ Photograph Print | 10. Dewdrop Nature Photograph Print | 11. ‘Study of Shade #1’ Photograph Print | 12. ‘An Abstract Pattern of Ripples on Water’s Surface’ Photograph Print
We’ve previously posted on on How to Bring Nature into Your Space, and adding art is definitely another great option. Try a larger scale piece (#10) for a real pop, or simple print (#2, #7) for just a touch of the outdoors. For the options below, we focused on paintings, drawings and prints of natural elements (for nature photography, see above).
Frame dried flowers or leaves that you’ve collected in a shadow box for a super personal piece of art.
1. Botanical III Art Print | 2. Tropical Leaves Art Print | 3. Merge Art Print | 4. Number 16 Print | 5. White Flower Wall Art with Frame | 6. Gosling Island Print | 7. Pinecone Pencil Drawing | 8. Blue & Brown Wood Scratch Cactus Wall Art | 9. Potted Prayer Plant Art Print | 10. ‘Jade Hoya II’ Painting | 11. Dark Blue Botanical Print | 12. Line Drawing Leaves Art Print
Posters make take you back to pinning up a heartthrob on your bedroom walls, but there are so many sophisticated options that couldn’t be further from that. We’ve compiled options ranging from food to film to art to travel which are all reproductions of vintage posters. Whatever your interests may be, there is probably a beautiful poster out that that can bring your personality to your space.
Framing a poster in a simple thin black or wood frame will instantly elevate it to a work of art.
1. Spain Travel Poster | 2. French Apertif Poster | 3. Garache French Exhibition Poster | 4. 1968 French Magnelli Exhibition Poster | 5. 1970 Juan Gris Exhibition Poster | 6. Italian Bertolli Poster | 7. Matisse Exhibition Poster | 8. Rear Window Poster | 9. See America Montana Poster | 10. Pomo Indian Basket Poster | 11. Grand Canyon National Park Poster | 12. Italian Polacca Exhibition Poster
3-D & FIBER ART
3-D Art (wall sculptures, hanging ceramic or metal pieces, and any art that has dimension to it) and Fiber art (wall tapestries, quilts, woven pieces) are great options for something different or to break up a group of framed pieces.
Think outside the frame! Lots of items can become art when mounted to the wall, like sculptural pieces of wood, woven baskets or vintage objects.
1. Motherwell Wall Quilt | 2. Metal Wall Hanging No. 13 | 3. Hand-Woven Cow Head Wall Art | 4. Peach Hanging Basket | 5. Metal Wood Grain Panel-Set of 2 | 6. San Cristobal Wall Hanging | 7. Half Moon Fiber Wall Hanging | 8. Abstract Lines Wall Hanging | 9. Handwoven Jute Tassel Wall Hanging | 10. Teak Wood Art | 11. West Perro Wall Hanging | 12. Shape Study 14 Tapestry
Looking for a super affordable and DIY art option? Printable art could be the solution for you. All of the options shown below can be instantly downloaded and then printed to a number of sizes, making it a highly customizable way to go. Pieces can be printed at any local FedEx Office or pharmacy with a photo printing department.
Don’t want the added expense of getting your printed art custom framed? Purchase a frame at a standard size and frame yourself. It will only take you few minutes and save you a ton!
1. Hollyhocks Photograph Print | 2. Abstract Art Print | 3. ‘Abstract 1’ Art Print | 4. Desert Moon Print | 5. Venice Skatepark Print | 6. Beige Mid Century Modern Print | 7. Black and White Rock Print | 8. Green Abstract Art Print | 9. Zipper Photograph Print | 10. Big Sur Photograph Print | 11. Terracotta Wall Art Print | 12. Abstract Wall Art Print